So what kind of boat are we trundling around in this time?
Here are all the juicy details:
- 1982 43′ Spindrift Designed by Ron Amy and built in Taiwan.
- It’s a fiberglass monohull built more like a steel tank weighing in at some 37,000 pounds
- Full keel with a 6′ 4″ draft
- Pilothouse design meaning we’ve got two steering stations, one outside, and one warm and dry inside
- Two bedrooms and two bathrooms Bedroom in the rear has queen bed, front bedroom has pullman berth
- Main bathroom has full size shower
- Monstrous nav station and equally huge kitchen
- 80 h.p. Ford Lehman diesel engine
- Engine compartment under main salon floor with excellent access
- 225 gallons of diesel in two tanks, one new plastic tank, one old steel tank
- 250 gallons of fresh water in two tanks
And I’m sure there’s a lot more stuff that boat-heads would find interesting, but well, we don’t.